I was definitely on a tight budget with this one. My total out of pocket expense was $14.00. First, I sent my daughter and her friends in the backyard to scavenge for branches, flowers or anything that looked fallish to them. They came back with some interesting things but I was able to use some of it.
For the base of the window box display I used some zebra grass that was ready to be cut back. I whacked it down a week ago, bundled it and let it sit in my garage to dry out. On top I added 3 baking pumpkins, gourds, a few branches, and a mum that was separated.
When it's a little closer to Halloween, we will add a few big pumpkins to the front porch.